Importance of Friday prayer
Friday is holy day of week in Islam. It has great importance for Muslims. Muslims observe congregation prayer in mosque on Friday which is also called Salat ul Jumah. In mosque there is special sermon from Imam of mosque before collective prayer. It is also observed as day of peace and mercy. We can call Friday as a celebration day because Muslim celebration is also incomplete without worship of Allah. Friday is called “King of all days” as it is superior than all other days of week.
Importance of Friday in Hadith
- Imam Bukhari and Muslim reported Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) had said,
- Narrated Abdullah bin Umar Allah’s messenger (P.B.U.H) said:
- Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) said:
- Narrated Salman-Al-Farsi The Prophet of Allah (P.B.U.H) said:
- Reported by Imam Muslim, Abo-Dawod, Al-Nesaii, and Al-Termithi Prophet Mohammad (P.B.U.H) had said:
- Abu Huraira reported that the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) said:
THE MERITS OF THE FRIDAY
- Hazrat Adam Peace be upon him was created on Friday by Allah Almighty.
- Hazrat Adam Peace be upon him was sent to paradise on Friday
- Hazrat Adam Peace be upon him was entered in this Earth on Friday.
- Hazrat Adam Peace be upon him was also died on Jummah (Friday)
- Friday is day of acceptance of prayers. This is a special day on which you can ask for your forgiveness and ask for anything you want from Allah.
- According to Islam the Day of Judgment will be on Friday.
COMMAND FOR FRIDAY
Friday prayer is obligatory and all Muslims have consensus on this. It is one of distinctive feature of Islam. It provides Muslims to gather together, which is a symbol of unity and harmony. It has a wide range of social and community benefits in it. One must be very careful about Friday prayer because missing Friday prayer is a great sin.
By the support of the Qur’an, the Sunnah and the consensus of the Muslims, it is clear that Friday prayer is obligatory and of great importance. It is one of the distinctive features of Islam. A person who does not have faith in the obligatory status of the Friday and abandons it due to negligence without a genuine reason, becomes a sinner. The Qur’án says:
In this verse remembrance means the Friday Sermon and the congregational service, and hastening implies that one should make necessary preparations for it and attend the mosque promptly. This unusual stress throws light on the unique importance of the Friday Prayer.
- August 28, 2015
- 0 Comment